Also known as Florence Shaw Demonstration House, this diminutive cottage was built between 1928 and 1930 at the behest of the supervisor of teacher training at Shepherd College, Florence Shaw.
She felt the house and accompanying miniature farm would make summer school classes more interesting for students. Labor and materials were donated by local stonemason Charlie “Big Moustache” Jones, and the Potomac Edison Company.
The limestone cottage with a gambrel roof favors Dutch Colonial Revival style architecture. It stands 10 feet tall with a base that measures 10 x nine feet. It is fully furnished and features a functional fireplace and working lights.
The complex also features a miniature barn, located on the other side of Town Run.